Here's the recipe for the beetroot chocolate cake we had at the garden tour - by popular request:
300g scrubbed beetroot
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup rice bran oil
2 free range eggs
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup Cocoa
! cup LSA
1. Grate the beetroot.
2. Put beetroot, vanilla, oil, eggs and sugar into the blender and blend until smooth.
3. Sift in flour, baking powder and cocoa.
4. Add LSA
5. Combine everything in a big bowl until just mixed. Don't over-mix.
6. Pour into large greased cake tin.
7. Bake at 180deg C for 35-40 minutes, until firm to the touch